Elica Sopwith .
You can’t see the mechanic from your open cockpit. You yell … “Contact” and the propeller jumps to life, the plane starts to shudder. The mechanic pulls away the wheel blocks and escapes. The noise is incredible, a nine cylinder Hispano-Suiza… spewing clouds of vaporized castor-oil. Complete cacophony… the propeller is by now an invisible whirr. Out of the way, this is hands-on flight at its finest, ready for take-off! Adrenaline flows, the sky is beckoning.
• broad bladed propellers tapering to solid center
• pine wood finished in French distressed honey
• tips painted in contrasting colors
• original manufacturers decal from the 1920s
• date and factory code numbers punched in center part
• a great replica at an even greater price